Let’s cut to the chase here without the usual fluff you usually read on websites about authors. The honest truth is I’m super-curious about most things and I want to know how stuff works. I’m not content to read the usual blah-blah. I want real information based on real data. (just because somebody online says it works is no reason for me to believe it)
This means you’re going to get the best researched articles and information I can find. And if I learn something new – you’ll see the article change and I’ll be clear about this.
- I love to laugh and much of the time my funny bone is aimed at myself.
So if you want to relax about your gardening and get the best information I can give you (with a sense of humor) then you’re welcome here. But if you “oh so serious” and want your writers that way – I’m not your guy.
- I have little respect for those who would destroy or pollute our earth for a few dollars.
- I garden organically. Every page of my sites is based on organic gardening techniques.
If you share my concerns about the environment and getting healthy food (and flowers) I’m delighted and that’s what you’ll find here.
- I garden because it makes sense to me and I feel alive out in my garden close to the natural world and the energy that’s there.
If you feel better when you garden, if it means something to you to go out on a quiet morning and see flowers nodding back at you, then you’re my kind of gardener. Or, if you’d like to do that – welcome too.
- My garden shed is an unorganized mess. I make no bones about being neat and tidy.
- My garden has weeds. Sigh. The darn things come along all the time. But like the shed, I can worry about the weeds or I can worry about other more important things.
There’s no bs here about perfect gardens. If you have one, this isn’t the website for you. I celebrate my successes and I am open about my plant failures.
I could tell you about
- the writing award,
- the 8 print books,
- 20+ ebooks
- my other writing adventures and websites or
- how proud I am of my kids or all that other stuff most often found on these kinds of pages.
But you now know the important stuff – I’m insatiably curious, love to laugh at myself, have a wry sense of humor and am a confirmed organic gardener who passes his best information along to help others garden better.
Join Me In Learning About The Garden
If that sounds like somebody you’d like to read, I invite you to join me on my Facebook page to get all the updates or sign up for updates (there should be a form in the sidebar) or agree to the notifications panel that will pop up when I send out an update.
Our Northern garden is on an island off the city of Kingston, Ontario, Canada out in Lake Ontario. It’s a USDA zone 4/5 garden.
My better half, Mayo Underwood, is an acknowledged heirloom plant expert and we grow a great many plants for ourselves and on trials to share information with readers.
I have three gardening websites and one personal blog site
- DougGreensGarden.com My gardening blog
- Doug Greens Organic Vegetable Gardening
- Doug Greens Perennial Flowers
- Douglas-Green.com my personal blog
The other two are fiction under other names (there was already a Douglas Green writing in science fiction so I needed other names. Long story…)
Fantasy is here using the pen name Christina Duncan Stewart. (my mother)
Harder Sci-fi and short stories are here using the pen name D. Frank Green (my kid brother – deceased)