dog vomit slime mold

Dog Vomit Slime Mold

Dog Vomit slime mold

Dog vomit slime mold is one ugly thing to find in your garden isn’t it? Here are a few things you’ll want to know:

Will It Hurt My Plants?

No. It’s not going to hurt your plants. It’s not a fungus but a mold (and it prefers rotting things like mulch.)

How hardy is it?

Really hardy and is found in all areas of the planet right around the world.

Where Would I See It In My Garden?

Like other molds you may be familiar with, it prefers damp, shady conditions and thinks wood mulch was made just for it.

Yes, it does prefer damper areas to dry ones.

How To Get Rid Of It?

With a shovel. Just scoop it up.

What To Do With It?

Don’t put it into the compost pile! That’s like giving it a banquet.

Put it into the garbage.

Can I Prevent It From Coming To My Garden?

Nope. It’s found worldwide and if you have mulch, leaves from trees, grass clippings or any other form of organic matter in your garden, it may appear.

Is There Anything To Spray?

Not really in the home garden. And why would you when it’s so easy to get rid of it with a shovel into a garbage bag.

And yes, this is really ugly….

Click here for updates whenever I post something new

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!