While the title “Doug Green’s Garden Blog Reviews” isn’t particularly fancy or creative, it does tell you almost everything you need to know about what you’ll find here.
Astute readers will note I’ve published many more reviews and blog posts than appear here. When I moved this site to a WordPress platform, every one of the over 600 articles/reviews on the site has to be rebuilt. Slowly but surely, everything is coming back online. Stay tuned.
Itoh Peony ‘Bartzella’
- There are only two essential gardening books for the majority of gardeners. I note both of these books were published by Timber Press – and yes I’m a fan.
- Water Smart Gardening is really timely and a practical one from an expert.
- The Toronto Gardeners Journal and Sourcebook is really a great resource – mail order nurseries etc. for all Canadians.
- Protect Your Garden: Eco-friendly Solutions for Healthy Plants a good book for beginning to intermediate gardeners.
- Book Review: Fairy Gardens
- Timber Press Guide to Succulents of the World
- Book Review: Decoding Garden Advice
- Building Soils Naturally
- Grow Figs (In northern gardens!)
Garden Supply Reviews
- Plantskydd Deer Repellent Review
- Deer Repellent Review: Liquid Fence
- Rain chains: a fancy downspout for your eaves trough.
Working a new bed area with the Honda tiller
Garden Tool Reviews
- The ho-mi or Korean plow hoe – one of only two garden tools I take with me every time I go to the garden.
- The cobra head weeder and why I don’t use or recommend it.
- Garden Tool Review: Winged Weeder Dutch Hoe
- Honda rototiller review – good machine
- Troy Bilt String Trimmer 590EC
- Garant Dandelion Weed Tool have a video of this one not working very well.
- Soilwrap Plantable Pots – a pot that’s supposed to break down after a short time in the soil
- Garden Tool Review of A Poulan Chainsaw – worst chainsaw I’ve ever owned.
- Garden Tool Review: Fiskars Hand Pruners
- Garden Tool Review Felco Hand Pruners
- The Rainforest sprinkler head system
- A review of Bog Boots turning me into a fashion maven
Our vegetable garden
Annual and Vegetable Plant Reviews
- Torenia ‘Grape-o-Licious’ well worth growing – good plant
- AAS Winner Tomato ‘Jasper’ decent tasting cherry tomato
- Proven Winners Supertunia Flamingo is an excellent petunia in the “huge” growth and “heavy flowering” class.
- Proven Winners Supertunia Double Dark Blue wonderful deep blue flowers
- Osteospermum Soprano Compact Purple as always – these are amazing drought-resistant, full sun bloomers
- Mighty-Mato Tomatoes and why I’d never buy them
- Marigold Bonanza Deep Orange and why it’s a must-grow
- Heliotrope ‘Simply Scentsational’ an excellent garden annual for containers
- Proven Winners Gaura ‘Karalee Petite Pink’ Review
- Annual flower reviews 2014
- Annual Flower Reviews 2015
- Proven Winners Chrysocephalum ‘Flambe Yellow’
- Cuphea ‘Lavender Lace’