I’m Doug Green, retired perennial nurseryman and award winning author. This is my website for sharing practical, organic gardening information that really works.
I share things from my USDA zone 4 and 9 gardens – the plants I grow, the books I read, the stuff I learn as I continue researching new and better ways to garden using environmentally sound methods.
Long time readers know I have a sense of humor that’s most-often aimed at myself and I firmly believe that if you’re not having fun with this gardening stuff, you’re doing something wrong.
If you’re looking for organic gardening information that works, have a sense of humor, are open to new ideas, and don’t mind getting your hands dirty, you’ll fit in here.
If your idea of getting dressed up is putting on clean garden jeans, we’ll likely get along just fine.
And if you want great plants and use good tools, you’re my kind of gardener.
Because Folks Always Ask
- I garden and write up north in a USDA 4/5 garden in the 1000 Islands Region of Ontario, Canada. The garden has 3-4 inches (10 cm) of heavy clay soil over shale rock so we use a great many raised beds.
- I used to run my nursery using organic techniques and run my gardens that same way now.
- My better half – Mayo Underwood – is an acknowledged expert in heirloom seeds and when we got together she brought 600 varieties of heirloom flowers and vegetables with her for our gardens.
- I started and ran a specialist plant nursery for 25 years growing 600-800 varieties of annuals and 1600-1800 varieties of perennials every year.
- My garden shed is a complete and total disaster of a mess. Always has been.
- This is my gardening and country-living website and Premium site
My Gardening Websites
I have one gardening websites at the moment. DougGreensGarden (this one)
You can find my gardening page at Facebook here