When it comes to gardening tools I use and recommend, the list is a fairly short one. I refuse to use gimmicks but rather I use well-crafted tools that last for years of dependable service.
But what’s wrong with this picture?
Don’t put your foot on a garden tool like this! Use the ball of your foot – not the insole. The ball of the foot is designed for pushing – the arch is not.
A good hoe is a Dutch hoe and I use one primary one and here’s a review of it (but rarely given we mulch our gardens)
If you do use a Dutch hoe, here’s how to use one without wrecking your back.
The Hozon is an attachment you install between your hose and a tap to deliver liquid fertilizer to your garden. I’ve used this for years now (they last almost forever – I’m only on my second one) to deliver liquid fish emulsion to my garden.
The ho-mi or Korean plow hoe – one of only two garden tools I take with me every time I go to the garden (the other is my 40-year old Felco pruner)
There are two hand pruners I recommend/use – see below for both Fiskars and Felco.
For most other tools, I use Fiskar’s tools. Well built and they do the job.
The one thing that Mayo brings into the garden when she does some serious work out there is a garden kneeler. A must-have for “auld bods.”
Organic Weed Control Tools
I use cleaning vinegar to burn most leaves and here’s the organic weed control recipe for vinegar I use.
Garden Tool Reviews
- The ho-mi or Korean plow hoe – one of only two garden tools I take with me every time I go to the garden.
- The cobra head weeder and why I don’t use or recommend it.
- Garden Tool Review: Winged Weeder Dutch Hoe
- Honda rototiller review – good machine
- Troy Bilt String Trimmer 590EC
- Garant Dandelion Weed Tool have a video of this one not working very well.
- Soilwrap Plantable Pots – a pot that’s supposed to break down after a short time in the soil
- Garden Tool Review of A Poulan Chainsaw – worst chainsaw I’ve ever owned.
- Garden Tool Review: Fiskars Hand Pruners
- Garden Tool Review Felco Hand Pruners
- The Rainforest sprinkler head system
- A review of Bog Boots turning me into a fashion maven