Our website address is: https://douggreensorganicvegetablegardening.com.
Who we are
Our website address is douggreensorganicvegetablegardening.com You can contact the site owner via the Contact page should you have any questions about this policy
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- If you subscribe to a newsletter, we collect your name and email address for the purposes of sending you stories and updates. This is kept on a server at Mailchimp.com. If you unsubscribe, we do not send further emails but the address is stored in a secure file for administrative purposes (plain English: this is used to prove you subscribed but that we no longer send you email.) As of April 18/19 there is no newsletter.
- If you use the Contact page, your data is used to send an email to the site address but no data is retained nor is it used for marketing purposes.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Visitor comments are checked through an automated spam detection service.
By default WordPress – the software running this site – does not collect any personal data about visitors.
Subscriptions Via The Automattic.com WordPress System
Data Used: To initiate and process subscriptions, the following information is used: subscriber’s email address and the ID of the post or comment (depending on the specific subscription being processed). In the event of a new subscription being initiated, we also collect some basic server data, including all of the subscribing user’s HTTP request headers, the IP address from which the subscribing user is viewing the page, and the URI which was given in order to access the page (REQUEST_URI and DOCUMENT_URI). This server data used for the exclusive purpose of monitoring and preventing abuse and spam.
Activity Tracked: Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days to remember a visitor’s blog and post subscription choices if, in fact, they have an active subscription.
Credit Card or Paypal Information
No information re Paypal or Credit cards are collected on this site. For details about how those services work and the information they collect, please contact them directly.
What Code Is On This Site (In Plain English)
- Bottom line for me – I have a Google stats package that tells me the number of people who visit my site, what pages they visit and how they interact with my site.
- But I have no way of identifying what you as an individual do.
- I do not have any Facebook tracking codes on this site. (No Facebook pixel.)
- There is an Amazon code that recognizes your home country – but not you personally – to refer you to that country’s Amazon page. I don’t have access to this data to this and I only include it for the convenience of the reader who wants to see my ebooks (and if you’re not American, it will take you to your home country)
- Other advertiser systems that may appear use similar systems.
- There is a Facebook pixel code that tells Facebook you’ve visited my site and may be used for advertising purposes.
What Custom Code Is On This Site?
- I have a Google stats package code to tell me what posts visitors visit.
- I have a Google verification code that says I am who Google thinks I am.
- I have an Amazon code that directs clicks to Amazon to the correct country store.
- I have Pinterest code that allows users to share pictures on Pinterest
- I have Facebook code allowing readers to share posts on Facebook.
Why is there are clickable form across the bottom of the site
If you click on the “Got It” button, it goes away.
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent. Privacy software can be used to override web beacons. Taking either of these actions shouldn’t cause a problem with our site, should you so choose.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is directed to adults; it is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. The information collected is used solely for internal review and not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
Release of Information
If DougGreensOrganicVegetableGarden.com is sold, the information we have obtained from you through your voluntary participation in our site may transfer to the new owner as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue. In that event, you will receive notice through our website of that change in control and practices, and we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the purchaser honors any opt-out requests you might make of us.
How You Can Correct or Remove Information
Updates and Effective Date
DougGreensGardens.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Agreeing to Terms