OK, so I managed to post 187 posts all at once to Facebook and the resulting flood on my timeline was nothing short of spectacular. It was confusing until I figured it out – but spectacular nevertheless.
As an aside, every time I post on Facebook, they ask me to advertise the post (“boost it” in their terms). They didn’t do that with any of the 187. In fact, there were notes on them saying I couldn’t. There’s a lesson in there for me somewhere.
So what’s going on?
Let me cut to the chase and ignore the obvious embarrassment of having flooded Facebook. Here are the real details.
Doug Greens Garden is too big.
There are a *lot* of how-to posts here and even though there are search boxes and navigation links everywhere, many posts are never read. Never used. (There are about 50 posts that are regularly used/read btw)
This could be Google’s doing or it could be …. Well, who knows why, really? It just is.
I’m breaking this site up.
- All perennial posts are now live on DougGreensPerennialFlowers.com They are being deleted from this site. (There is a link in the sidebar to it.)
- The vegetable garden posts will soon follow to their own site.
- I will be upgrading and adding images to each site individually.
- I don’t know what else I’ll move yet but the objective is to have smaller sites that are easier to navigate and are more helpful.
- Nothing will be deleted. Quite the contrary – things can be added in their proper area.
They are also easier to maintain (he says planning for the summer and doing less online work so he can do other things.)
What’s this site – DougGreensGarden – going to become?
This is reverting to my personal gardening blog. Book reviews, plants in my garden, the “stuff” I’m doing and growing will all find their way here.
And I think that just about explains everything.
But What About Those 187 Posts?
Well, in the course of the move, I “unpublished” those posts to identify them easily (long story) Then I published them again after the tasks had been done.
And I forgot all about the automatic Facebook posting feature I have installed so…