Tips for feeding your family from your backyard vegetable garden
The ambitious Victory Garden project hit a major snag this year. While we had big plans in the spring, between the high heat here in our garden area, and Covid we scaled back on the things we committed to doing.
Amidst all this, I decided to retire this year and I’m struggling with how much I truly need to add to this site.
Our vegetable gardens are in a major overhaul.
- The vegetable garden is moving and enlarging so my amazing heirloom seed expert lover can grow anything she wants. But like moving a home, there’s chaos when a new garden is being created.
- The front garden is being enclosed in a stone wall.
- The back shade garden is moving to a section of the front and ground cover has been planted back there
but having said that…
Before we go any further
Epsom Salts Don’t Stop Black Spots On The Bottom Of Your Tomatoes!
No. Epsom salts do not stop blossom end rot (the black spot on the bottom of the tomato – see the article below about that)
No. Epsom salts do not help other crops grow better.
Epsom salts are simply magnesium. Plants like magnesium but soils are not usually deficient in this.
This is the worst bit of gardening advice on the entire Net. And the most common – written by spam farm writers in the hundreds of posts.
Read these two tomato growing posts first.
- The Quick and Dirty Guide To Growing Tomatoes The Quick and Dirty Guide To Growing Tomatoes
- How To Avoid Black Spots On The Bottom Of Your Tomato (Blossom End Rot)
My Success With Growing Tomatoes ebook is right here to increase your harvests and solve problems.
General Vegetable Gardening Tips
- Which Way Do Your Vegetable Garden Rows Run Don’t make the same absent-minded mistake I made when I dug and shaped the rows in our small vegetable garden.
- My 10 Best Organic Vegetable Gardening Tips Use these organic vegetable gardening tips in your own garden You’ll lower your costs dramatically.
- A Simple Trick For Increasing Fall Vegetable Harvests Here’s a bit of research from Utah State University I found interesting and practical for those who grow a fall crop of vegetables
- Here’s Why Your July Vegetable Garden Should Be Ugly
- Four Flowers You Want To Trap Insects In Your Vegetable Garden
- Handling Vegetable Transplants Before Planting
- When To Plant Vegetable Seeds: A Basic Schedule
- You Can Get More Vegetables By Combining Them This Way
- Two Tips To Ensure Your Vegetable Seeds Thrive
- How Many Vegetables Can I Get From My Garden?
- Vegetable Gardening In The Shade